2017 Wedding Flowers Workshop
2017 Wedding Flowers Workshop
February 27 - March 1, 2017
From years of listening to questions from designers and hundreds of hours with clients, Ashley has created a workshop tailored to the floral creative of any level who craves mountains of answers for their business and flowers to design in a relaxed setting.
- Two full days of floral instruction and demonstration from Ashley Fox to include two different hand tied bouquets and an indoor installation
- Lodging in the historic 300 Clifton Mansion located in central Minneapolis. Check in noon on Monday, check out 11 AM Wednesday
- Farewell dinner March 1, all other meals
- Polished, styled shoots with professional models by Meghan Irene Styling + Design on Monday and Tuesday afternoons
- Photographs from two, fine art film photographers of both your bouquets and installation to use on social media and marketing
- Monday evening business chat by the fireplace with Ashley’s "open book policy" the truth about owning a flower studio
- Studio time to create at your leisure (in addition to set demonstration times)
- Consulting with clients, pricing, ordering product, contracts. Expect copies of sample estimates, budgets and contracts from our studio
- How to order wisely on the phone from wholesalers and our buying practices
- Marketing via social media and how to take a great photo on your phone
- Getting confident to price what you are worth and educate your client
- Where to find local flower farmers and how/why to buy from them
- How to make foraging a part of your studio skill set
- And any other topics you would like to cover
Students will be shown how to create two types of hand tied bouquets in the romantic, nuanced and layered approach of our signature, organic style. The final day we will also dive into techniques for creating an indoor installation to “bring the outdoors in”.
Using the earliest and most exciting spring flowers direct from our wholesale representative in New York City, we will make you feel like a kid in a candy shop. You will experience the most ellusive colors in the business from muddy pinks to warm apricots. A range of color choices and flowers will be available for you to choose from. Feel free to gravitate towards textures and colors which suit your buisiness, style and portfolio and maybe some choices you never considered before. Many times, the bouquets that are most successful are the ones with a bit of the unexpected and new. You have the opportunity to bring out this part of your creative self at our workshop.
Accommodations: 300 Clifton Bed and Breakfast we have booked the house already, no need to contact them for reserving a room
Limited to 7 seats available
Registration: The full investment of $1,700 is due upon registration. Amounts paid towards the workshop are non-refundable, but can be used towards future workshops. The workshop is not restricted to floral designers only, if you are an event planner or someone who has always wanted to learn about floral design, this is a place for you too, please feel free to join!
Style board (above) created by Meghan Irene Styling + Design for the workshop which exudes the grace, warmth and overall appeal of the mansion and the gentle, romantic mood of the upcoming styled shoots this spring during the workshop
first image: Jody Savage Photography
mood board and second image: Jake Anderson Photography
credit: Cy Twombly painting within the mood board image